Previous photo Next photo Thumbnail page
Neidrauer Live Steam Locomotives Photo Albums » Building a Live Steam Locomotive - the Mikado Project » Section 16 - Cab Accessories
First page
Previous page
Index page
Next page
Last page

20180918_021911473_iOS 20180918_000254418_iOS IMG_6091 IMG_5581 IMG_5579 IMG_5577 IMG_5576 IMAG0354 IMG_4825 IMG_4474 IMG_4469 IMG_4467 IMG_4465 IMG_4463 IMG_4374 IMG_4373 IMG_4372 IMG_4371 IMG_4370 IMG_4369
Click to show/hide keyboard shortcut help
Keyboard shortcuts are active:

RIGHT arrow - next page
LEFT arrow - previous page
Page Up - index page
HOME - first page
END - last page
ESC,S,s - toggle start/stop slide show
IMG_4825  [9 of 120] ExhibitPlus IMG_4825
The brake valve chest assembly was taken apart to find out why it was laking steam. We found the valve stems (square on end) were not actually round, but oval. Shows the danger of using CNC and circle-interpreting a shaft-CNC does not produce a truely round shaft. I replace the old stiff O-ring and hope it will conform to the oval shaft and stop the leaking. Octover 2013 update: the valve assembly started out okay, but after several hours of use, started leaking again. It also started leaking between the two halves of the assembly.